30 July 2006

New Yarn!

I had a witty post percolating in my head about how I have been playing "musical needles" lately, but that's going to have to wait. Why? Because the gorgeous yarn that I got today (Noro Lily) takes all words away. The pictures will have to speak for themselves:



I rolled the first skein into a center-pull ball (by hand; I really need to get a ball winder someday):

And started swatching:


The gauge of the swatch appears to be in the range of 4.5 stitchs per inch, and I'm going for 5.5 stitches per inch, so I'm going to have to go down at least one needle size. Not too big of a surprise, and I'm finding it hard to be upset. This yarn is a lovely cotton silk blend, and I think I'm falling in love with this fiber combination almost as much as the color combination.

New yarn... I feel much better now.

(By the way, after the yarn store troubles lately, I must give credit where credit is due: I bought this yarn online at Loop Yarn, and the service was great. The picture was very accurate, I got the yarn on sale, it shipped the next day, and came quickly. There was even a little handwritten thank you on the receipt! All is right with the world again.) Posted by Picasa





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?